Answering these few questions will help you discover what type of bike is best for you:
•Why am I buying a bike?
•How fit am I?
•Where will I ride?
•What kind of terrain will I be riding?
•Will I be carrying anything?
•How much do I want to spend?
Types of bikes: Road: Dropped handlebars and skinny tires, for racing or touring Mountain: Flat handlebars with a wide range of gears, large tires and suspension for unpaved terrain Hybrid/Comfort: Provides an upright position for a more relaxed ride Recumbent: Have a reclined position and come in a wide variety of styles
Since the path can be congested it’s important to follow the same rules as everyone else in order to have a safe and enjoyable time.
• Be courteous
• Know the rules of the trail you are using
• Give a clear signal when passing
• Be cautious and yield to crossing traffic
• Always be predictable by riding in a straight line
• If you are riding while it is dark, be sure to use lights
• Only use half the width of the trail
• Keep it clean